- Our PhD Student, Cristina Navarro-Senent got the First Prize poster Award at the 3rd Scientific Meeting 2017 BCN-b PhD students in Nanoscience, that was held at ICMAB (Bellaterra), November 2017.
- The European Training Network entitled “Advanced integrative solutions to corrosion problems beyond micro-scale: towards long-term durability of miniaturized medical, electronic and energy systems (mCBEEs), in which our Group participates as Beneficiary Partner, started on 1st October 2017.
- Our postdoc Jin Zhang was awarded the Schwäbisch Gmünd Prize for Young Scientists in recognition to her PhD achievements during the EAST Forum 2017 held last 7th April 2017 in Schwäbisch Gmünd (Germany). EAST stands for "European Academy of Surface Technology".
- Prof. Jordi Sort is interviewed at RTVE (Radio) to talk about energy-efficient computing (December 2016).
- Prof. Jordi Sort is interviewed at the ABC newspaper to summarize the group activities in the field of energy-efficient computation and magnetic storage (October 2016).
- Dr. Eva Pellicer is interviewed at “El Punt Avui” TV to talk about the use of hydrogen as a new, environmentally-friendly, source of energy (October 2016).
- Prof. Jordi Sort was awarded the “Materials Science and Technology Prize” from the Federation of European Materials Societies. The Prize constitutes a recognition to the career of young European Scientists or Engineers working in the field of Materials Science. The Prize was awarded during the framework of the Euromat 2015 Conference, held in Warsaw in September 2015.
- Dr. Eva Pellicer was appointed vice-chair of the COST Action MP1407 entitled “Electrochemical processing methodologies and corrosion protection for device and systems miniaturization”. The main objective of the Action is to support and promote high-quality research in electrochemical processing technologies and corrosion towards the development of miniaturized systems and devices.
- Prof. Jordi Sort has been awarded ERC Consolidator Grant from the European Research Council. His project entitled "Merging Nanoporous Materials with Energy-Efficient Spintronics (SPIN-PORICS)" aims to integrate engineered nanoporous materials into novel spintronic applications.
MORE INFO: UAB web site - TV3 (catalan TV)
- The European Training Network entitled “Smart Electrodeposited Alloys for environmentally sustainable applications: from advanced protective coatings to micro/nano-robotic platforms (SELECTA)”, coordinated by Prof. Sort, started on January 2015.
- Dr. Eva Pellicer was awarded the International Rising Talents L'Oréal-UNESCO Award ("For Women in Science"), for a Research Project dealing with the generation of hydrogen, as an alternative vector to fossil fuels, taking advantage of the utilization of specific nanoporous metallic alloys for electrocatalytic processes. See more
Enterview at RTVE web site